The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for preparing shipments to customers to assure orders are received on time, complete and in excellent working condition. This includes picking, packing and shipping finished goods to domestic and international customers. As well as packaging finished goods for storage in the warehouse. Additional responsibilities receiving production materials, verifying contents and assuring materials are forwarded on to incoming inspection.
- Assembles orders and packages Finished Goods for shipment to domestic and international customers via customer and or company selected shipping method.
- Follows packaging procedures to assure all components are securely packed with proper packing/wrapping to protect from in transit damage.
- Packages Finished Goods for storage in the warehouse in accordance with stock production levels.
- Determines most cost-effective shipping method and prepares the appropriate shipping label and corresponding documents.
- Prepares accurate and complete shipping documentation to assure timely and correct delivery.
- Enters shipment details into ERP/MRP system.
- Verify all items required to process a sales order including specific documentation and ship kits are available and packed with the products to be shipped.
- Keeps shipping area neat and organized.
- Maintains adequate supply of packing and shipping materials.
- Receives and unpacks incoming shipments
- Verifies contents of incoming shipments with purchase orders, invoices or bills of lading
- Reports damaged shipments or discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager
- Deliver component inventory items to incoming inspection and office supplies to the appropriate department
- Keeps receiving area neat and organized.
- Keeps receiving area floor clear of hazards and racks stacked properly with a focus on safety and injury prevention.
- Keeps work area floor clear of hazards and racks stacked properly with a focus on safety and injury prevention.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in shipping/receiving, or similar relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product shipping including international shipping.
- Experience in preparing electronic components/products for customer delivery strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with receiving processes including verifying against purchase orders, etc.
- Excellent follow-through, great communication skills, and ability to work in a fast paced and challenging entrepreneurial environment.
- High degree of commitment, initiative, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Requires a high level of professional ethics and appreciation for teamwork.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience working with an ERP system (Syspro) preferred.
Working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, (MSWord, Excel and Outlook). ERP/MRP experience is required and Syspro experience preferred.
This position typically does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver's License may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to climb and stand on a 6-foot ladder.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Warehouse environment with temperature control with some exposure to the outside environment when working in the shipping/receiving area; may be exposed to chemicals related to the manufacturing process. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.