This is a long-term (4 month+) direct temporary (W-2) position.
The Engineering Documentation Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining technical documents to support design, assembly and testing of FDS Avionics products, including but not limited to: production assembly instructions for electronic components and wiring harnesses, product installation manuals, and technical documentation associated with cabin management systems.
- Works closely with Engineering Management and Project Coordinator to support product design & development and creation of production assembly methods.
- Creates engineering documentation from customer prototype specifications to include:
- Assembly instructions
- Technical drawings
- Test procedures
- Works with prototype team during first build process to confirm design/build documentation and product performance.
- Create and revise documents and drawings to assure Production has accurate assembly instructions for new or custom products.
- Works with Production team to assure documentation and drawings are corrected and updated when process or assembly issues are identified.
- Works with Document Control and the Prototype Team to create accurate BOMs, work instructions, test procedures, product specifications, and installation manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or technical school certificate; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or other technical discipline preferred.
- 1 to 2 years’ technical writing experience in an engineering, production assembly or similar environment. Experience with avionics products is a plus.
- Writing skills to be able to convert scientific and technical based documents into manuals and work instructions that are written for average to skilled readers to comprehend.
- Must be able to read and interpret design documents, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to develop product documentation from design proposals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable proactive approach to roadblocks that risk the on time completion of a project.
- This individual will be comfortable working in an organization where short decision-making cycles, decisiveness, and individual responsibility and accountability are expected and valued.
Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
This position typically does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office-type environment with temperature control; may be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.