Please fasten your seat belt.....We're about to take off.
FDS Avionics Corp. is quickly becoming an industry leader in design and manufacture of incomparable solutions for in-flight entertainment, cabin management and more.
We have an open opportunity for an Electronics Technician to work in our FAA Repair Station.
The FAA Repair Station Electronics Technician performs complex inspections, tests, troubleshooting and repairs on customer returned equipment, in accordance with all Company and FAA rules and regulations. Assists in the creation and maintenance of repair procedures as required in support of product or process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluates and repairs electronic equipment in accordance with repair station guidelines.
- Effectively communicates details of repair work to fellow employees and managers as needed.
- Informs the Support and Service team of recurring failure modes, errors, problems and all other occurrences affecting the operation of the repair station.
- Ensures that all repair work is performed according to procedures and per correct document revision.
- Develops and implements product improvement initiatives and ensures that the appropriate training is obtained to maintain the correct knowledge in all regulations, procedures and processes required to effectively carry out the job function.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- Minimum 3 years’ electronics repair experience.
- This position requires enrollment and participation in the DOT FAA Drug/Alcohol Abatement Program.
- Advanced technical knowledge and skills in avionics repair.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Proven troubleshooting skills to component level on complex electronic circuits is required.
- Ability to problem-solve solutions in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Computer proficient
- Previous FAA Repair Station experience desired
- Previous FAA Repairman certification is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, and spreadsheets, (MSWord, Excel, Outlook). Syspro experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Repair Station Repairman’s certification
- Valid Driver's License may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment - Environment is temperature controlled office/work station area.